Belly fat stops you from looking your best, but there are methods to get rid of it quickly and permanently. Changing your diet and certain exercise can help you to get flat stomach quickly.
Here’s how to lose belly fat and get a flat stomach:
1. Eliminate sugar from your diet, including milk chocolate, candy, cookies, cakes, sodas, etc. Regular sugar causes your body to switch into the fat storage mode. Sugar makes you tired and makes the body reacts to sugar by creating belly fat.
After the sugar is consumed, the pancreas creates insulin, changes the body’s chemistry and store fat in the belly. If you eliminate all processed sugar from your diet, you’ll begin to shrink stomach weight without much sacrifice on your favorite foods.
2. Eliminate all white flour products from your diet. Eat whole grain and vegetables instead. Whole grain and oatmeal can boost your metabolism and slow down the amount of insulin your body releases.
3. Reduce your calorie intake by incorporating fruits and vegetables in your diet. Besides oatmeal and whole grain, try to add yogurt, nuts, grapefruits, oranges, and berries in your diet. Apples are high in fiber, which help to keep you full and control your appetite. The enzymes in apples help your body for better digestion.
4. Eat lean meat, salmon, turkey, and chicken 2-3 times a week. Avoid beer, alcohol and sodas. If you plan to drink alcohol, try red wines.
5. Eat foods to help you burn fat, especially in your belly. Some of these foods are:
6. Try organic foods that lack hormones. Many of our meats, dairy products, and even fruits contain hormones, which causes obesity. Make sure your diet is free of hormone and added sugar.
7. Don’t skip any meals, including your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Skipping meals will slow down your metabolism. Try fruits for breakfast and light meals for your dinner about 2-3 hours before going to bed.
8. Try to add small amounts of snacks between meals whenever you feel hungry. Your snack should be nuts, fruits, vegetables, whole wheat crackers, etc. Consuming few larger meals forces your metabolism to become slower.
9. Add olive oil to your daily salad. You can add lime or lemon juice and olive oil to salad to flatten your belly.
10. Eat very slowly and properly chew your food to help digestion and to avoid eating unneeded calories.
11. Add multi vitamin supplements to your meal.
12. Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. It helps to flush harmful toxins out of your body and keeps you fuller. Cold water boosts the metabolism because the body is forced to warm up.
13. Boost your metabolism to help you lose your belly fat much quicker by building muscle, eating small healthy snacks every 2-3 hours, and aerobic exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes or more.
14. Exercising will help you to lose stomach fat. Aerobic exercise can help you lose stomach fat. To tighten your stomach muscles, do ab exercises such as pushups, bicycle crunches, etc.
The best exercise to tighten your stomach muscles is to get a roller from sport or department stores and start using it on a daily basis to help you get a flat stomach within a few weeks. Also, get in a habit to stand up straight to improve your posture, look taller, and tone your stomach muscles.
15. Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night for your body to have the energy to burn extra fat.
If you’re serious about losing your belly fat, have discipline and stick to your plan. Eat natural foods without hormones, added sugar, and refined white flour. Stay active and remember to exercise to maintain it. Before starting any exercise program, be sure to consult with your own doctor first.
By David Jacobson – 2019
Copyright © 2019 Allied Publishing
For additional articles written by David Jacobson, see alliedpublishing.com/look-younger. David Jacobson is the author of How to Look 10 Years Younger Without Plastic Surgery.